All I seem to be surrounded by is a load of self esteem crushing T.V. shows, music videos and celebrities. Why can't I just turn on the telly without being bombarded by so many things that just make me feel that tiny bit more self conscious? I'm sick of it. The media just don't know when enough is enough... they are so close to crossing the line. Every year the media seem to get away with showing more indecently dressed women, bearing all for the cameras and degrading females to a disgusting extent. What angers me most is that they know how much of a huge negative impact it has on people, especially the young. Why must I see people posting links on their Facebook of young children aged 5 dancing and singing to Nicki Minaj's song 'Stupid Hoe'. These kids don't even know what they're singing along to. They are growing up in a corrupt society where it's OK for them to parade around the streets with more skin than clothes showing.
- My name is Nadia and I live in London
- I love dresses and cardigans
- I want to be a teacher one day
- I want to live a happy life
- I want to die knowing that I've made a positive difference to society
Now don't get me wrong. I am all for a women's right to wear what they want when they want. But I do believe that it goes to an extent. Why should a seven year old feel the need to apply layers of foundation, fake eyelashes and lipstick? Children should be able to grow up without feeling self conscious.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete